Higher Level Teaching Assistant status is a career progression opportunity for experienced teaching assistants.
This development programme will guide candidates through a preparation process, culminating in assessment against the 33 national standards.
Successful candidates are awarded the standard HLTA status which operates across all phases of education from Early Years to post-sixteen and includes special needs settings.
Teaching London is an appointed provider of HLTA status in London, the South East, South West and the West Midlands
The 3 day programme will enable you to:
– Identify and map your own knowledge, skills and attributes against the HLTA standards
– Identify workplace experience and case examples to demonstrate competence for each of the standards
– Understand the teaching and learning examples required for your performance evidence
– Understand how to produce the range of written task evidence required for the final assessment.
– Understand how to produce supporting documentation evidence linked to your tasks
-Complete the assessment documentation and prepare for the school-based element of assessment
REQUIREMENTS – APPLY
You will have a level 2 qualification in English and Maths and are currently working as a teaching assistant.
In agreement with your school, you will attend three training days in person at Teaching London LDBS SCITT, NW6 4NT
Assessments take place between 25th February to 25th March 2024.
The price is £950
Contact us for an application form