Apply to get into teaching with
Teaching London: LDBS SCITT
Applications are abmitted through Apply website,
to either a lead school or directly to Teaching London
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
• GCSE grade 4 or above in Maths and English (and Science for early years and primary Trainees)
• From January 2021 all new EU students will be required to be sponsored by HEIs through the Tier 4 points based system, which unfortunately means we will be unable to recruit EU students for our School Direct programmes. All qualifications achieved overseas must be verified by UK ENIC.
It is not a requirement to have classroom experience before submitting an application.
However, we do recommend candidates gain some school experience to help decide that teaching is the right career path. If you would like some help organising this please do get in touch.
TEACHER TRAINING APPLICATION
• Personal statement outlining why you want to get into teaching, referring to your transferable skills, school experience and any other time spent working with children and young people
Take a look at our Top Tips for Writing Your Personal Statement
• Two references – Ensure you have advised your referees of your application and encourage them to write the reference as quickly as possible
• Course codes – Click below to find our Lead Schools and their codes
THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
An online interview will consist of the following:
• A three/four minute (pre-recorded) video of applicant sharing a children’s book/story
• A four minute teaching session
• A formal interview
•A written English task
Should you be successful at interview, please note that you may be required to visit the school you applied to and teach a 20 minute lesson to a class. A conditional offer will be made following a successful interview.
The Department for Education website has a really useful section about planning for teacher training applications.Visit the page here
Getting experience in schools strengthens an application. Arrange your school experience independently.
Click here to find out more
GET INTO TEACHING
If you register with ‘Get into Teaching’ on the Department for Education website you will have access to lots more useful information
Register with Get into Teaching
Keep up with current educational news, read Times Education Supplement online or hardcopy weekly.
Go to TES